We are very proud to have such a fantastic choir as part of the Civil Service family.
The Civil Service Choir is no ordinary workplace choir.
It is the largest and most thriving choir in the Civil Service, with members drawn from government departments, agencies and other institutions in Westminster and with an ever growing reputation for amazing concerts.
In February 2018 we featured in a BBC Radio 4 documentary about the Civil Service and Brexit.
Hear a selection of our concert performances.
We are honoured to be able to perform great public concerts in the prestigious and magnificent baroque concert venue of St John’s Smith Square; in the beautiful Victorian church of St Stephen’s, Rochester Row; in the Guards’ Chapel, Wellington Barracks; and at events in various Government Departments in Westminster. We undertook our first tour in October 2018 during which we sang at the Menin Gate Last Post Ceremony in Ypres and gave a concert at the church of St Walburga in Bruges, Belgium.
We gave our seventh concert at St John’s Smith Square in April 2019. To a packed hall we performed Schubert’s two settings of Stabat Mater as part of the Holy Week Festival.
What people have said about our recent performances:
- “A unique and inspiring event”
- “A tremendous gig. Orchestra terrific!”
- “Really moving. When are you performing again?”
- “Amazing as ever”
- “The choir performed brilliantly”
- “The choir and orchestra were outstanding”
- “You sounded incredible”
- “Simply phenomenal”
- “It was absolutely magnificent, exhilarating and unexpectedly emotional”
- “A fantastic and stunning achievement”
- “It was amazing. I loved it”
- “An amazing event. Absolutely brilliant”
- “People in the audience wiping tears from their eyes”
- “A magnificent concert”
- “A truly outstanding set of performances”
- “A spine-tinglingly beautiful concert”
- “It was as if I had gone to heaven”
- “A brilliant concert”
- “It was stunning”
- “You were amazing”
- “That was fantastic”
- “I can’t believe how good that was”
See lots of photographs of the choir on our Facebook page
Patron: Clare Moriarty CB, Permanent Secretary of DExEU
Music Director: Stephen Hall OBE