We are very proud to have such a fantastic choir as part of the Civil Service family.
Etcetera, a workplace choir, is the largest and most thriving choir in the Civil Service, with members drawn from government departments, agencies and other institutions in Westminster and with an ever growing reputation as simply the Civil Service Choir.
In February 2018 we featured in a BBC Radio 4 documentary about the Civil Service and Brexit.
Hear a selection of our concert performances.
We are honoured to be able to perform great public concerts in the prestigious and magnificent baroque concert venue of St John’s Smith Square; in the beautiful Victorian church of St Stephen’s, Rochester Row; in the Guards’ Chapel, Wellington Barracks; and at events in various Government Departments in Westminster.
We gave our sixth concert at St John’s Smith Square in March 2018. To a packed hall we performed Poulenc’s extraordinary setting of Stabat Mater accompanied by a 53-strong orchestra, preceded by three of Bruckner’s sacred choruses (Ecce sacerdos magnus, Tota pulchra es, Christus factus est).
What people said about our recent performances:
- “You sounded incredible”
- “Simply phenomenal”
- “It was absolutely magnificent, exhilarating and unexpectedly emotional”
- “A fantastic and stunning achievement”
- “It was amazing. I loved it”
- “An amazing event. Absolutely brilliant”
- “People in the audience wiping tears from their eyes”
- “A magnificent concert”
- “A truly outstanding set of performances”
- “A spine-tinglingly beautiful concert”
- “It was as if I had gone to heaven”
- “A brilliant concert”
- “It was stunning”
- “You were amazing”
- “That was fantastic”
- “I can’t believe how good that was”
See lots of photographs of the choir on our Facebook page
Patron: Clare Moriarty CB, Permanent Secretary of Defra
Music Director: Stephen Hall OBE